1. Costs are projected to be multiple times less than competing technology.
2. Ease of use: Land and launch from any standard boat ramp. No need for a crane or deep water launch/retrieval. Easy storage and transportation on a small trailer.
3. Multiple modalities support missions of hours to months in duration with optional electric, solar-electric, and sail-solar-electric configurations:
• With sails and mast for maximum transect and station holding capability and long duration missions.
• Electric or Solar-electric with mast supporting sensors and video 4 meters above the surface.
• Electric or Solar-electric without mast minimizes shading for maximum solar gain to extend electric powered mission time and performance while also minimizing the visual profile and windage.